The MEEC Member Conference and Vendor Showcase is Thursday, April 19, 2018 at Martin’s West in Windsor Mill, MD. The Conference will be a full day of presentations, exhibits and networking, designed to bring together MEEC Members and Vendors in both an educational and social atmosphere.
As always, the sessions presented by MEEC Members and Vendors are critical to the success of this conference. Member-focused sessions are always highly rated by our attendees. In the past, Member/Vendor sessions have showcased case studies, the work they have done, their experiences, new tools, new ideas and new approaches to the use of products/services purchased from MEEC agreements. Here is your chance to help others by presenting on a topic that supports technology in education. (Please note the addition of Member-only Fast-Track Sessions.) The deadline for session submissions is January 16, 2018 at noon.
- delivered by an individual or a team
- delivered by Member only, Member with a Vendor, or Vendor
- intentionally 50 minutes long so your prep is reasonable and the presentation concise
- explanatory in nature (how products are used/implemented/changed the culture) and not a sales pitch. This is particularly important when Vendors are presenting with Members.
Member only Fast-track Sessions
- Contains three (15 minute) presentations offered back-to-back by different MEEC members
- Encourages use and usability of products under contract with MEEC
- An example could be an easy to use technology that replaced an inefficient/manual process
- Does not include Q&A
- Required to submit the PowerPoint a week prior to the Conference (10 slides max)
The MEEC Conference Team will be determining which proposals have wide interest and appeal as the submissions are evaluated. Our aim is to balance the program for product/software/service among K-12, Higher Ed, Libraries and general topics. Sessions that offer wide appeal to the MEEC Membership will be rated highly. The MEEC Conference is attended by staff from Information Technology, Purchasing, Instructional Technology, Instruction, Administration, End-users etc. Not all submissions are awarded a session.
Session descriptions are limited to 1,000 characters. You will receive notification of submission results via email by January 31, 2018. Contact Darby Ashmore for the submission link.